ARTISTS INSIGHT...! This way we start the Virtual platform sharing...we really hope it'll work out for the BEST...!
Dariana Valenzuela
My name is Dariana, my interests are above all the political, in the broad sense, in the sense of what defines the relationship between the subject and the rest of the people, the strategies we use to coexist or not, I am linked to the social sciences and also I like psychoanalysis, I use contemplation and observation techniques quite often, observation of relationships and activities ...I have done performance, and before what they call "Relational art" and ... I have no affinity for any kind of material, but I'm really interested in what the metaphor of certain materials could produce; I also work a lot with literature and poetry to generate knowledge...
My name is Dariana, my interests are above all the political, in the broad sense, in the sense of what defines the relationship between the subject and the rest of the people, the strategies we use to coexist or not, I am linked to the social sciences and also I like psychoanalysis, I use contemplation and observation techniques quite often, observation of relationships and activities ...I have done performance, and before what they call "Relational art" and ... I have no affinity for any kind of material, but I'm really interested in what the metaphor of certain materials could produce; I also work a lot with literature and poetry to generate knowledge...
RELATIONAL ART IS WHAT RELATIONAL ART DOES...
1_In
the critic workshops I write down what others say. I write down as much as I
can, without the need for consistency. It’s my own perception of an intervention
into someone else’s subtext that has been left unwatched, u know you are being unconsciously
registered. Then I go back to th notes, like a reflection or mirror of the
moment that just passed, from what has being said and how it’s being said. Questions
that can generate inward insight…
2_First it was an intuition, after I felt i felt worn up, and then came
Lacan's theory. At this stage I give the fatigue: what’s real cannot be enunciated,
symbolizde..I go to the fantasy that no longer wants to be, I write that down, “Remain
here” I say to myself. My notebook is full. But I only captured its absence.
The absence of the Important that drowns the pages, me, bored (tired?) but
present…
3._"Now
we're going to keep quiet for five minutes, just sitting here." The curiosity just drove me, as in to watch
what would happen. I take advantage of our space for the art workshops as an
actual circumstance, the people in it they generate experience, then I begin to
study the commonly socially shared discomfort and its meanings. I Start to like
generating such discomfort.
4_I tear apart a
500 córdobas bill in front of the audience that’s present at the critic workshop,
yet another research on the uncomfortable, but not only that, but, What money
can make you feel? On that note, money is a very strange that I’m unable to
break…
5_I offer little pieces of paper with randomly
encrypted messages such as: “You won-Go to the Kitchen”, “You just lost-go
outside; Winning and losing happen to be two very real fantasies for me, they
are in most of the images I’m familiar with. Fantasies that sustain the
hierarchy as an everyday reality. Who puts us where we? Is it the artist with
his/her work, the other's hand with just their luck , my own hand with what I
have to give, play, chance, randomness, power, selfishness, pleasure?





Dariana yo quiero que trabajemos juntos.
ReplyDeletey cuándo vas a subir tus cosas?
ReplyDelete