Friday, September 14, 2012

ARTISTS INSIGHT...!


DARLING LÓPEZ SALINAS / 24 AÑOS / NICARAGUA / lokart04@gmail.com




Well, I'm Darling López, I...am currently working in the streets, I'm very interested in the public urban space; I try to bring my own experience of walking and riding in bicycle in Managua to pedestrians, I am very interested in doing a tour within the city, for I do subtle interventions using glitter on objects that will  catch my attention as I pass by; Basically I look for...well I'm into observation, the experience as my motto of satisfaction, I try to sort of give back to the urban space and the day by day...so, in that way is like my own approach with Managua's own urban public space...

CREATIVE PROCESS Nov 2011 -Julio 2012

SEWER DECORATION

GLITTERING MANAGUA, it’s a series of subtle interventions on objects, new_found surfaces on spaces I usually come across where I ride and walk.

Glitter is the material that has starred my interventions, it has enable my work technically and pleasantly as I work with it.

Glitter is popularly used in to decorate, beautify, draw attention. People behave in two ways when handling or looking glitter, it’s pretty or it provokes aversion and dislike. It’s like a virus, it sticks everywhere mainly in the skin, and it gets tricky when attempting to remove it from ones body.


Glitter, experimentation phase: this material has led my own body, my body, how to deal with glitter, it’s a key part in this process, I always cover myself of glitter, unintentional.

Performance, is the next best thing in my bucket list, an unexplored language awaiting to be explore by me, I'm going to fully, entirely bathe myself with glitter and then I'm going to take off each sparkly piece remaining in my body with a needle.



Moles glittering, I have so many that it seems like my very own dark glitter, then I want them to shine all over me.

I feel like putting glitter in pretty much everything, but mainly in MANAGUA that is full of garbage, puddles, torn and sliced trees, open exposed sewers, cracks, pollution in general, all these objects are examples and evidence of objects, stuff that I feel like putting glitter on, to highlight them, for them to generate imaginary, nonexistent scenarios.


Glitter doesn’t just happe, it’s moved by intervention, if someone sees it they will somehow react one way or another, it communicates indirectly with me, I try to arouse curiosity, surprise, an anomaly? Incidental? DETAILS INTEREST ME…

SEWER DECORATION

SEWER DECORATION

Beautify, highlight the sewer, suggest the exit or entering of something imaginary, How does glitter behaves in an urban space?


On that note...: "The Holes..."


Exploration with other types of openings, gives more insight or indexes on what could possibly com in or out, fully aware of the real function of these opennings in which water flows underneath, what other possibilities can take place as off the entering or the EXIT.



Bitácora...: Pure experimentation, taking the material its limits. -Laboratory Experiment...



Considering putting texts with the interventions



From the real physical space, to photography,  FICTION, I move for technical reasons and lack of Budget; the idea of Glittering at larger scales I sort of materialized them in this elaborate sketches.

Magic Dust_photo-manipulation_viral TOUCH_imaginarium_Fantasy





PHRASES

Phrases that belong to the political context and visual unique_pink polluted landscape; I take them as my own, making demands of things that are important to me, for the city itself, its urban hecticness, it goes back to the same principle, my experience of riding a bike and skating throughout Managua.











6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me gusta el uso de brillo en su trabajo, es una interesante manera de llamar la atención sobre los lugares que a menudo son pasados ​​por alto. ¿Qué otros materiales se han utilizado de esta manera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hola Dana!!! he trabajado también con hilos y calcomanias artesanales, pero he decidido experimentar mas con la escarcha por que me ha abierto mas posibilidades.. también estoy pensando trabajar con residuos de plástico

      Delete
  3. hola darling, esas intervenciones en la calles estan geniales, le estas poniendo color a la ciudad :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Dana!! he intervenido también las calles con hilo y calcomanias artesanales, pero he decido experimentar mas con la escarcha pues me ha abierto muchas posiblidades este material.. estoy pensando trabajar también con residuos de plásticos de colores.

    ReplyDelete